Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Further Developments of My Historical Investigation...

so much for "soon"

Anyways I have had two more ideas that I have come to prefer. The one I prefer most is the disappearance of Ambrose Bierce in approximately 1914 at Chihuahua. The Ambrose Bierce Poroject http://www.ambrosebierce.org/main.html gives some insight into his life  as does http://biercephile.com/index.cfm (e.g. he outlived two of his three children and his experiences in the American Civil War). He wrote for various newspapers and publications. His works include An Occurence at Owl Creek Bridge  The Damned Thing, A Fruitless Assignment, A Baffled Ambuscade and The Devil's Dictionary which is quite amusing in its cynical way. http://www.ojinaga.com/bierce/

The second idea is the Princes' in the Tower. Prince Edward and Prince Richard were apparently murdered by Richard III - several days before Edward's coronation - who was previously apointed Lord High Protector of the Realm by Edward IV, the Princes' father. There has been no hard evidence found unless you count the two skeletons that may or may not be the Princes' as DNA analysis has not been done (as far as I know). This site is fairly interesting - http://www.britainexpress.com/History/medieval/princes-tower.htm. I came up with this whilst reading a Pocket Refernce Book entitled Kings & Queens of England Ireland Scotland and Wales by Fanny Blake. This site appears to have a more scientific opinion towards the disappearance http://www.r3.org/bookcase/misc/wigram01.html.

Sites that I shall and have look/looked at for King Arthur : http://britannia.com/history/h12.html, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Arthur, http://www.timelessmyths.com/arthurian/arthur.html, http://kingarthursknights.com/

I thinketh I shall focus on the disappearance of Ambrose Bierce foreth the moment. or maybe not..... :)

1 comment:

  1. O.K. You COULD do his life and/or work.

    Wouldn't do the princes - everybody does them!

    ReplyDelete