Monday, August 27, 2012

Beginning of Synopsis: 105 words! OPINIONS WELCOME!!


I have chosen the question "Discuss the representations of the American Civil War in the stories of Ambrose Bierce". This allows me to present Bierce's own representations of the War, and the differing perspectives of Bierce's work through others. The works of Bierce that are most focussed on are 'One of the Missing', 'A Tough Tussle', 'What I Saw of Shiloh', 'Story of a Conscience', 'A Little of Chickamauga' and 'An Occurrence of Owl Creek Bridge.

This question came to light after I discovered that evaluating the perspectives of others on the topic of Bierce's disappearance in late 1913 or early 1914 was not suitable.

1 comment:

  1. Good start to your synopsis Emma, I would suggest for your third sentence to rephrase what you stated E.g. My essay focuses on works from Bierce such as ......
    Just my opinion though.

    ReplyDelete