I absolutely loathe self evaluatons. They can be useful at times, but are more commonly known as the bane of society.
Well, I think I got off to a rockyish start in my research. All I knew was that I wanted to study Ambrose Bierce. After I decided Iwanted to study him of course. I thought he was a pretty good author with a sharp tongue. His nickname 'Bitter Bierce' certainly did suit him. From a general biography, to his disappearance in 1914, I eventually arrived at the conclusion that I should study his representation of the American Civil War. I'm glad I did and am now very sad that I won't be writing any more on him. For now anyways (stupidly idiotic HSC - the irony there is amazing. Maybe stupidly idiotic HSC exams would be a better way to put it). Sitting up at one in the morning is actually quite refreshing in a tiring sort of way. Chances are it is the last time I will do such a thing. Especially with a brewing cold. Back to this hateful evaluation. I have learnt so much on this 'journey'. Like 23,000 odd men died at the Battle of Shiloh, more than who died at the Revolutionary War and the Mexican CIvil War and another war put together. I have learnt how properly write a bibliography. I have also reestablished that goals aren't my thing, nor will I keep to them. Nomatter how early and how well I do an assignment I will still be up late doing it. I still don't know what to put in a self-evaluation. So I shall be silent once and for all. Maybe. You never know. And with parting words I shall end on this note:
Historian, n. A broad-guage gossip.
History, n. An account mostly false, of events mostly
unimportant, which are brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers
mostly fools.
Of Roman history, great Niebuhr's shown
'Tis
nine-tenths lying. Faith, I wish 'twere known,
Ere we accept great Niebuhr as
a guide,
Wherein he blundered and how much he lied.
—Salder Bupp
To sleep one shall now depart, having lost the competition for most blogs.... or have I? Mwahahahaha
Fare Ye Well
No comments:
Post a Comment